Thursday, November 02, 2006

Today I am happy for two things. First, I finally saw some comments on my blog. Thanks, Xiaoqing. It makes more sense to write all these if I know that someone is actually reading what I write. I look forward to more of your comments.
The other reason is that I got invited to participate in a committee that will give out an award to journalists. I am honored to be invited but even more I am happy that someone is actually going to give an award to a journalist. In Slovenia this does not happen often; whenever I read the Columbia Journalism Review and see all those awards and grants handed to journalists and the advertisments in which the proud newspaper houses congratulate their stuff, I feel a bit envious. It is such a nice feeling to be awarded for your good work. It is good to see that someone noticed your it.
Up to two years ago there have been only two awards given to the journalists in Slovenia, one by the Association of Slovene Journalists, and the other by Sklad Josipa Jurčiča. This new one, called For Diversity. Against Discrimination, is a part of the EU campaign against discrimination. This is even more important because such writings doesn't get much attention in the Slovene media, except perhaps in very sensationalist context.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome. I'm sure friends read your posts but you know some people are just quiet readers. I am a loud one. :) Good for you for the award invitation. Let us know more about it soon!

Sonja said...

@ xiaoqing: I will:) It's nice to communicate like this, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi there :) Welcome to the blogosphere. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Sonja said...

@beti: thanks:) I checked your blog. I saw you were in Jordan in February 2005. So was I. What a concidence! And I liked the pictures. Nice view!