Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

This blog was created mainly to write about literary journalism. But the other day I found an interesting blog by a microbiology professor who says he created it to remain in daily contact with his family, friends and students. It seems like a good idea, so today I will not write about journalism. Instead I am going to write a little bit about my baby boy. He is asleep now and I am happy for him and for me. He was a little bit cranky these last few days (my back is killing me and even yoga does not help; I would desperately need a massage) and today it finally happened: a visit from the Tooth Fairy - but in our case in the opposite direction. It seems that he is finally getting his first tooth. It is not out yet, but I could already feel it today. For his sake I hope it will be out soon but on the other hand I so much loved his toothless smile!

I am nevertheless somehow connected with literary journalism, though, as I am reading an excellent diploma thesis by a friend of mine about the borderline between journalism and literature with a special attention towards the language and style of writing. I hope I will learn something from it.

No comments: